MANAGER, FIELD OPERATIONS
Denver - Orlando/Lakeland - Albany/Boston
PECO is the number two pallet pooling and logistics services provider in North America. Under the direction of its new leadership team, the company has achieved double digit growth over the last three years developing a national logistics and product service foot print across the US. Peco continues to win in the marketplace by delivering superior levels of quality and service at a competitive price. Currently, Peco services primarily the food and grocery manufacturing and retail industry. Peco has significant potential to expand into additional industry manufacturing and distribution in the US as well as Mexico and Canada.
Because of its rapid growth and expansion potential, it is critical that PECO continue to maintain an industry leading value proposition in quality, service, and cost as it rapidly expands its supply chain network infrastructure and services. Continuous improvement in customer value must be supported by additional investments in building a “best-in-class” supply chain planning capability. Peco is currently searching for an experienced Manager, Field Operations.
The Manager, Field Operations is a key member of the Field Operations team and is responsible for the management of Service Depots in their assigned territory.
- Service Depot Operations
o Scheduled Inventory Audits (Pallets / Lumber)
o RFU / WIP Quality audits
o Repair Analysis
o Oversight of Depot Sort and Repair Activities
- Communicate Production Requirements
- Monitor Hourly/Daily/Weekly Production Performance
- Work with depot to close any gaps as required
o Management of Depot Cost
- Cost Per Repair
- Components Per Repair
- Material Usage (Paint)
- Storage / Warehouse
- Manual Invoice Approvals / Justifications
- Network Expansion Projects / Support
o Depot Start Up / Ramp Up
- Depot Warehouse Mapping / Flow
- Depot Management Training
- Depot Employee Training
- Overall Depot Operations and Responsibility
- Work hand in hand w/ Launch Manager
o Warehousing Needs for Regional Team
- Contact Broker
- Search / Visit Potential Warehouse
- Lease Negotiation
o Provide Support to MFO’s Network Wide
- Manufacturing Management
o MFG Pallet Quality
o Component Quality
o MQP – Manufacturing Quality Process Training (New MFG Locations / Current MFG Locations Process Audit)
- Work with Depot to ensure high quality products are consistently delivered to PECO customers.
- Working with Depot, monitor and drive continuous improvement with regard to cost performance.
- Effective and accurate Service Depot Inventory management.
- Coordination and Management of monthly production objectives with assigned Service Depots
- Effective Quality Control and Production Process management.
- Reduce/eliminate inefficiencies with daily Service Depot processes.
- Effectively launch and train new process initiatives w/ Service Depot Partners.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Four year degree required
- Minimum 3 years experience in Operations Management
o This will require an aggressive professional who is analytical, can build solutions from a process perspective, and effectively lead third parties to execute the solutions.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- The ability to drive partner and employee behavior through effective accountability driven leadership.
- The ability to work effectively with counterparts in across an organization in sales, finance, service, operations, procurement, and transportation.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence, communicate and operate effectively.
- Experience establishing key performance indicator metrics to benchmark and track performance.
- Proficient with Excel, data warehouse software, Powerpoint
- Must have strong analytical skills and business understanding.
- Highest personal and professional integrity.
- Accountability for key results and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to focus, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline.
- Customer focused.
- Balance of strategic and tactical.
- Data, process and results driven.
- Strong communication skills.
- High energy and enthusiasm…must possess a passion for winning.
For consideration, please forward a resume with salary requirements to email@example.com and include the title of the position in the subject line.
PECO Pallet is an equal opportunity employer.